Island Ranch Vacation Retreat; Solitude Amid Unlimited Recreation
Ranch house with The Retreat to the Far Right
Homestead Bedroom with Sink
Homestead Bedroom Seating for Relaxing or Reading
Back Twin or King Blue Bedroom
Island Ranch Retreat
The West Mountains in the Spring.
Wapiti Payette River Crossing from The Island
Payette River from the Payette View Trail--Summer
Island Ranch Meadow--Summer
Island Ranch Meadow--Fall
Fall Color at Island Ranch Vacation Retreat
Island Ranch Retreat View
Big Creek with Ranch House--Fall
More Fall Color
Big Creek with the Retreat
Big Creek with Cross Country Ski or Snowshoe Trail
The Island Hut--Cross Country or Snowshoeing Warming Stop.
Elk on The Island
- Bedrooms 2
- Sleeps 6
- Baths 1
- Minimum Stay 2 Nights
- Price $125 per Night
- Property Description Mountain Setting; 2 bedroom, 1 bath fully equipped RETREAT
- Regenerate and connect with friends and family in this idyllic setting. Delight in the experience of 'owning' a 730 acre ranch which includes our 500 acre ISLAND in the Payette River to get away from it all for unequaled R & R.
- You will be the ONLY GUESTS at Island Ranch Vacation Retreat, so you can set your own schedule, your own activities, as well as your own pace--whenever.
- Enjoy all of the 730 acre private working cattle ranch which includes our 500 acre Island bordered by 2 miles of the PAYETTE RIVER on one side and BIG CREEK on the other.
- Imagine wondering the web of trails in search of the perfect picnic spot, beach for swimming or sunbathing or a private meadow to just enjoy nature and the wildlife.
- Relax in rustic comfort in a 2-bedroom, 1450 square foot Retreat, SLEEPS 4-6. Room for family and/or friends.
- Early risers can often see ELK just beyond their window crossing Big Creek to get to the Island's main meadow in the spring and summer.
- Listen for ELK bugling in the fall.
- THE RETREAT:
- A fully equipped kitchen to craft gourmet meals created with your own perishables to insure you have your favorite food or necessary dietary needs.
- Two bedrooms-- one with queen bed and one with twin beds which can be made into a king-- each with their own sink and one regular bath between.
- One queen hid-a-bed and one queen flip-out couch in the great room. Perfect for children or overflow guests.
- The great room features a sitting area for great conversations as well as a cozy TV viewing spot.
- A separate entry and separated from the main house though they share the same roof.
- A wood burning stove completes the mountain ambiance and provides coziness for evening activities such as playing games, sharing experiences, or planning future activities.
- Immerse yourself in the second floor Retreat's spectacular PANORAMIC VIEWS of Big Creek, the Island meadows and West Mountain.
- Peace, Beauty, and Tranquility OR ramp it up with one of the follow:
- Utilize the miles of trails for RUNNING, HIKING , BIKING, BIRDING, PICNICKING, or just RELAXING.
- PLAY, SUNBATHE or READ on Sand Beach or Swim in the Payette.
- Enjoy our Informal WILDLIFE PRESERVE-- bring your Camera or Paints to capture elk, birds, eagles, osprey, etc. in their natural environment--no hunting.
- Capture the views of West Mountain, Collier Peak or wildflowers on canvas.
- FLOAT or CANOE from Cascade to the Island--2-3 hours.
- FLOAT or CANOE to Carbarton Bridge from the Island--3-4 hours--the start of a popular whitewater stretch to Smith's Ferry.
- FLOAT from one end of the Island to the other--about 2 miles of meandering Payette River.
- FISH along the shores of the Payette River.
- Step out your door to CROSS-COUNTRY skiing or SNOWSHOEING trails
- Ski or Snowshoe to The Warming HUT on the banks of the Payette--about 1/2 mile across the meadow (the short route)
- Huddle up to a wood burning stove and enjoy hot chocolate or hot-spiced wine while you rest and get warm in the Island Hut.
- Snow-covered TRAILS usually from early December to early April..
- 72 miles north of Boise on Highway 55
- 5 miles south of Cascade
- 6 miles to Cascade Lake
- 34 miles to Payette Lake
- 25 miles to Tamarack Golf and Ski Resort
- 41 miles to Brundage Ski Resort
- 31 miles to Jug Mountain Golf Course
- 6 miles to Cascade Golf Course
- 35 miles to Whitetail Golf Course
- 35 miles to McCall Golf Course
- 12 minutes to the start of the Carbarton whitewater run on the Payette River
- Bedrooms Bedroom 1: 1 queen
- Bedroom 2: 2 twin/ single Can be made into King upon request.
- Each bedroom has its own sink and counter.
- Bathrooms A standard bathroom with a combination tub/shower is located between the bedrooms.
- Kitchen Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher: New, Ice Maker, Kitchen: A brand new kitchen with granite counter tops, Microwave: New, Oven, Pantry Items: Additional items such as blender, mixer, bake ware, salad spinner, coffee grinder, etc. to help craft meals., Refrigerator: Standard Refrigerator with freezer and ice maker on top., Stove: New, Toaster
- General Air Conditioning: Whole house exhaust fan., Clothes Dryer: New, Hair Dryer, Heating, Internet: WiFi available, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Living Room, Parking, Towels Provided, Washing Machine: New, Wood Stove
- Other Amenities Two miles along the Payette River provides water recreation.
- Entertainment Books, DVD Player, Games, Satellite / Cable: Direct TV with a DVR., Stereo, Television: 32' flat screen TV, Video Library
- Outside Outdoor Grill
- Suitability Max. occupancy 6, Minimum Age Limit For Renters, Non Smoking Only, Pets Not Allowed, Limited Accessibility: The Retreat is on the second floor with stairs.